TECHNICAL SERVICES ENGINEER
Our purpose is simple and compelling: To release the natural power of stone to enrich modern living.
ROCKWOOL products save energy and water and reduce CO2 emissions, protect buildings from the spread of fire; reduce waste; improve acoustic comfort, building performance and aesthetics; and enhance Precision Growing, thereby improving the efficiency of fresh food production.
While the stone we use may be millions of years old, what we do with it is cutting-edge. Every day, ROCKWOOL colleagues are developing and applying new technologies to release yet more potential of stone wool to enrich modern life.
Would you also be proud to enrich society like we do? Apply now to join us as we improve modern living conditions for millions of people worldwide.
Are you ready to be a star in providing correct and high quality support? Rockpanel offers you a great opportunity to join this global market leader and play a key role in their global strategy!
This is who we are
Rockpanel is part of the ROCKWOOL Group and is offering advanced stone wool based cladding material providing freedom in the design of facades as well as detailing and applications around the roof.
This is the role
You will provide excellent technical support to our customers in Europe and selected Export countries, with the objective of ensuring proper technical installation with respect to safety and certification demands relevant to each country.
The main tasks and responsibilities of the Technical Services Engineer are:
- Provide comprehensive technical support in application and product properties by a.o. checking CAD detail drawings and perform static calculations.
- Incorporate and translate market developments regarding new technology into application advice and documentation in close cooperation with marketing.
- Provide content for technical documentation and check documentation as translated and delivered by the marketing department.
- Develop and execute technical- and product trainings to Rockpanel employees and selected parties according to Rockpanel standards and sales- and marketing activities/demands.
- Support Product Development and Customer Service with (ventilated) façade knowledge.
- Develop and maintain market knowledge by having good relations with Sales and performing regular market visits.
- Assist in the preparation and execution of e.g. fire or wind rig tests.
- Act in compliance with our policies on business ethics, the ROCKWOOL way and other relevant criteria.
- A bachelor or university degree in building engineering (specialised in structural engineering / building physics).
- Excellent knowledge of the Dutch and English language both verbal and in writing. Knowledge (both verbal and in writing) of the German, Danish and/or French language would be a most welcomed addition.
- A proven ability in technical consulting; a strong technical background in the building industry is a must.
- Thorough knowledge of ventilated façade applications.
- A proven ability in providing technical trainings.
- Profound knowledge of excel and building related software programs (e.g. CAD and BIM).
- Project management skills and ability to work in divers projects.
- Competences like planning and organising, analysis and decision making along with clear and accurate communication (verbal and written).
- Ability to translate the customer needs in a clear technical advice within technical and legal boundaries.
- Be able to adapt your communication style to the specific target group.
A challenging position within a very professional and ambitious company with high quality, innovative products. We are proud of our friendly culture where teamwork and a down to earth attitude are common.
For more detailed information about this position please contact Thomas Fabrie (Recruiter) at +31 (0)6 52 63 20 18 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you recognize yourself in this profile and in this challenge, please apply via our website and send in an English version of your resume and cover letter.