|Organisation||:||Mercedes-Benz Customer Assistance Center|
The Mercedes-Benz Customer Assistance Center Maastricht (CAC), situated in the south of The Netherlands, is the central point of contact in Europe, caring for the needs of current and prospective Mercedes-Benz and smart customers. 42 different nationalities add diversity and enrich an organization dedicated to satisfied customers and high performance. Employees act as brand representatives ensuring that customers receive personal assistance in their own language at a consistently high level.
Our Customer Service departments answer customer enquiries and complaints, while the Service24h department organizes roadside assistance for customers. Services related to customers mobility guarantee availability 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
The Retail Service department supports technical and product related competencies for CAC, Daimler and external parties.
Within the department “Global Contact Center Management”, the Business Information Security Officer (BISO) is part of the team “Business Development & Digitalization”. The digitalization part of the team is responsible for developing a data & digitalization strategy and manages, develops and implements use cases within the Customer Assistance Center (CAC) or other global Customer Contact Centers (CCCs).
The BISO position focuses on protecting the privacy of our customers & employees by taking Data Protection & Information Security regulations into account.
The function is to serve as a counterpart for the Information Security Officer (ISO) that works at the IT department. Both functions must cooperate closely; ensuring effective information exchange regarding business unique operating environment regulations (incl. legal aspects), customer base, competition, value drivers and relevant risks that may impact that environment. Representing the Business regarding the privacy, data protection & information security relevant themes, the position plays an essential role in implementing the related strategy and processes within the organization.
Additional key tasks include acting as the privacy, data protection & business information security expert and providing input to the business on related requirements for global business initiatives, projects and programs. Other important aspects of the position’s responsibilities are to actively support CAC Business Continuity (BC) activities, the CAC Business Continuity Handbook and the yearly BC planning, control and test cycle.
Being part of the Global Contact Center Management department, the BISO will have to manage a large variety of stakeholders within the MBCAC, in the Daimler organization and at involved third parties.
- Give shape to, implement and anchor an effective BISO role within the organization
- Together with the ISO, act as representative and advisor regarding all privacy, data protection & information security themes
- Ensure that privacy, data protection & information security awareness improvement activities are coordinated within the CCC organizations
- Monitor compliance with privacy, data protection & information security policies, business standards and legislation
- Be a business partner for line managers, project leads and relevant specialists and consistently provide the relevant subject matter expertise
- Create transparency of relevant themes and identify, analyze and address risks
- Act as central point of contact for BISO counterparts at Mercedes-Benz After-Sales HQ & assume central role of Data Protection Officer
- Act, together with the IT ISO, as point of contact for the Mercedes-Benz country organizations and other business partners, for privacy, data protection & information security topics.
- Support in preparing relevant audits, resolving audit findings and ensuring closure.
- Actively support in CAC Business Continuity (BC) activities and manage the yearly BC planning, control and test cycle.
- University degree / Academic level of working and thinking (preferably within the field of Information Security and/or Legal).
- Knowledge of GDPR & ISO27000 norm
- Minimum 5 years of working experience in a comparable role, within a larger environment (>500 employees/users) and ready to make a second or third career move
- Extensive knowledge of information security management in B2C & B2B facing business processes
- Extensive experience with interpretation, creation, and application of relevant policies, standards & legislation
- Extensive knowledge of key government regulations and local laws with respect to information security and data protection
- Strong risk analysis, problem solving and consulting skills
- Proven organizational skills, ability to organize processes, forums and individual tasks
- Effective in stakeholder management; able to interact with a large variety of stakeholders
- Advanced presentation and relationship management skills
- Strong motivation to improve own knowledge, learning agility
- Independent thinking & acting – a self-initiator
- Excellent English written and verbal communication skills (German is a plus)
- Intercultural understanding, able to work with people from different backgrounds
- Experience with business continuity management
- Extensive knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Enjoys working in a dynamic, multicultural environment
This position is fulltime, 32-40 hours.
Does this role fits your expectations for a new challenge, then please use the “apply” button to upload your CV and Letter of Motivation (English only) and any other documentation that adds value to your application.
The application period end on July 17th, 2020.
For more information about this vacancy please contact Manon Gosler-Bongaerts by email: firstname.lastname@example.org