POSITION : IT SYSTEM ADMINISTRATOR
Location : Heerlen, NL
Our work contributes to a world in which agriculture is done more efficiently and reduces the impact of food production on our planet. We develop and provide sensor technologies and analytics software specifically designed to assess crops worldwide. We help to automate the hardest jobs in plant science, plant breeding and in agriculture by offering solid and elegant solutions. We are an international team of around 20 people, coming from diverse backgrounds in, for example, plant science, agriculture, physics, computer vision and business and we love to solve challenging problems.
Working as an IT System Administrator at Phenospex
In this role, you are ultimately responsible for ensuring that the Phenospex technology infrastructure runs smoothly and efficiently. In more detail, this means:
- You design and monitor the network as well as suggest and administer changes based on the team’s or the client’s needs.
- You set and maintain the R & D and Operations infrastructure (development of VM’s, CI, data storage, installers).
- You ensure efficiency and administer/maintain security of operating systems through access controls, backups and firewalls.
- We rely on you to design and implement backup procedures to restore files and systems.
- Configuring, installing, maintaining and upgrading our computer system hard- and software is a routine for you.
- You are the “go-to-person” when it comes to support of our internal team and the customers regarding the information systems and peripheral equipment, such as application, database and web servers, desktops, printers and storage devices.
- You implement and maintain remote connections of our products on site.
- You identify, diagnose and resolve technical problems related to the network failure/integrity and usage of PC hard- and software, in other words: troubleshooting is your middle name.
- You support with building the internal help pages with technical documentation, procedures and IT policies.
- Bachelor in Information Technology Science, Computer Science or a related field
- 5+ years of proven experience as a System/Network Administrator or a similar role
- excellent Linux and Windows administration skills
- experience with Hyper-V, KVM, VirtualBox or VMware Player
- knowledge of system security and data backup/recovery
- ability to diagnose and resolve problems quickly
- excellent verbal and written English communication skills
- attention to detail and problem-solving skills
Phenospex offers you an inspiring working environment with an engaged, committed, multi-cultural team and lots of room for personal development.
Interested in joining?
Then please send your CV with “IT System Administrator” in the subject line and brief explanation why your interests and background match this position.
Contact: Alexandra Müller, firstname.lastname@example.org, T: + 31 45 71 11 693