GENERAL LEDGER ACCOUNTANT
Borealis Plastomers BV is looking for a dynamic finance professional!
Are you keen on working together with your finance colleagues and interact on a frequent basis with numerous stakeholders across the whole organisation?
Do you want to support the Country Finance Team to ensure proper display and reporting of entries and numbers? To be responsible to comply with all legal and fiscal requirements and Borealis guidelines?
On top of that you want to provide assistance to other departments in regards to accounting integration for the local Borealis companies?
Do read on! There is more! Below you will find other responsibilities.
- provide monthly general accounting activities for the local company: month end closing postings (including payroll related transactions), prepare & submit VAT returns and related activities, monthly and quarterly reporting, prepare and issue outgoing invoices, capitalise fixed assets
- support annual accounting activities for the local company: preparing closure of accounting years
- prepare and present ad hoc analysis and studies for management decisions
- support in internal and external audits and reviews
- contact internal and external customers to solve (re-occurring) problems and come up with improvements
- maintain communication with external customers such as banks, federal and local government / authorities, consultants, ...
You will be a possible fit if you:
- own a bachelor’s degree in Accounting and Taxation or have equivalent experience (3-5 years) in an accounting/tax environment
- have knowledge of accounting law (Local), Tax law (VAT, Income Tax, other business taxes)
- have knowledge of BusinessWarehouse / SAP and MS office with focus on Excel (knowledge of visual basic is an asset)
- speak Dutch as your mother tongue (or equivalent) and have a good knowledge of English
- bring with you planning, communication & presentation skills
- are a trouble shooter in accounting matters, where accuracy is key!
- can work in an independent way but favour teamwork and co-operation
- take initiative and are achievement oriented
We will offer you a 80% unlimited contract, working from our location at the Chemelot premises in Geleen (Zuid).
We offer a role specific compensation and a competitive salary and fringe benefit package reflecting your profile, experience and the specifics of the country/location you apply for.
We are here for you!
If you have any questions, please contact Joke Tielens, email@example.com.
Please note that applications via e-mail will not be accepted since we are serious about protection of your personal data, so thank you for applying online via this link.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy for further applications when we have received sufficient applications that meet the advertised requirements and will contact you as soon as screening is closed.
Borealis is one of the world’s leading providers of advanced and circular polyolefin solutions and a European market leader in base chemicals, fertilizers and the mechanical recycling of plastics. We leverage our polymers expertise and decades of experience to offer value adding, innovative and circular material solutions for key industries. In re-inventing for more sustainable living, we build on our commitment to safety, our people and excellence as we accelerate the transformation to a circular economy and expand our geographical footprint.
www.borealisgroup.com | www.borealiseverminds.com | careers.borealisgroup.com
We go beyond boundaries. Together.
Borealis only accepts candidate resumes from recruiters or recruiting agencies if they have been explicitly commissioned by Borealis for a specific recruitment and if the data is provided to us in line with the General Data Protection Regulation. Borealis will not accept or pay fees for candidate resumes of any form or kind that were sent unsolicited to either HR or directly to our hiring managers.