The European Association of Distance Teaching Universities (EADTU) is Europe's leading institutional association in online, open and flexible higher education.
EADTU now has a membership of fifteen institutions and fourteen national associations across 25 nations. Its membership covers over 200 universities and around 3 million students.
EADTU has a European coverage and is regarded as a key-partner of the European Commission as far as lifelong open and flexible learning in distance higher education is concerned.
EVENT ORGANISER/MANAGEMENT ASSISTANT (MAX. 0,6 FTE)
- The candidate will be the first point of contact of EADTU offices and supports EADTU office tasks in general
- You will be responsible for EADTU related events including the annual EADTU Conference
- You will create and maintain conference website, conference app and programme
- You will maintain conference registrations of speakers, participants and related abstract submissions
- You will be conference coordinator and support the event on location, in Europe
- You will be the 1st contact for participants, speakers and local organising committee
- As part of your task on communication you will keep EADTU website up to date, prepare and distribute newsletters and promote EADTU activities by social media
The main entry requirements being a positive and constructive personality, outstanding communication skills, attention to detail and a talent for organising complex events in an efficient and methodical manner. Experience with complex events and a degree in a subject such as events management or marketing will give you a great edge over other candidates. Working language is English.
This is what we offer
Interesting primary and secondary working conditions based on university collective employment agreements.
If you would like to receive more information, please feel free to contact George Ubachs (managing director EADTU) via email@example.com or +31433118712.
Send your motivation letter and CV before 22 January 2018 to firstname.lastname@example.org
The interviews will take place on 24 and 25 January 2018.
More information about EADTU: www.eadtu.eu
Location: Parkweg 27 in Maastricht.