Technoforce develops and manufactures various industrial proprietary physical separation equipment and technologies, in the field of Evaporation, High-vacuum distillation, Drying, Liq/Liq-Extraction, Crystallization and Stripping. Within Technoforce a broad range of technologies are available from a single source. Tailor made solutions range from bare equipment up to turn-key fully modular skid-mounted process systems, including auxiliary equipment, instruments and automation. Turnkey solutions in the form of modular skids can save months from client’s project schedules.
Technoforce is involved from application-definitions, lab scale studies, feasibility studies, pilot plant trials & analysis, scale-up, mechanical and process design, equipment manufacturing & testing, project execution, erection, commissioning up to after sales services. We work very closely with customers at every stage.
Technoforce has a strong R&D bias with a research team with doctorate qualifications and having experience using computational fluid dynamics (CFD) simulation tools for development of proprietary designs and 3D modelling. R&D investments are being made in the areas of crystallization, waste water treatment, energy recovery and reaction engineering.
Our systems/machines/installations are sold in following industrial areas: Pharmaceutical industry, Biochemical and Biobased Industry, the Food industry, the Agrochemical, Petrochemical and (fine) Chemical industry, the Polymer industry, Industrial Waste Water processing and the Oil & Fat/Oleochemical industry.
For application development, feasibility studies, optimization and testing, prior to scale up, Technoforce operates their European Pilot Plant Development Center at the Brightlands Chemelot Campus in the Netherlands.
The development center is equipped with 10 different setups for scale-up studies. Furthermore a dedicated supportive analysis laboratory is available for monitoring trial-progress and sample analysis. The results from pilot-trials are eventually used for scale-up, design and manufacturing of equipment.
Technical & Operational responsibilities:
- Graduate in Analytical Chemistry (Vocational Level 4+ (MLO Niv.4), Associate Degree or BSc (HLO)), preferably with two to five years of significant to substantial experience in analytical chemistry in a laboratory;
- Excellent Dutch and English linguistic skills, both written and verbal, an additional language is preferred;
- Experience with GC, HPLC and Karl Fisher;
- Preferably in the possession of a VCA-VOL Certificate;
- Computer Skills, MS Office, lab-software.
- Laboratory data generation and Lab-study reporting, e.g. boiling point rise, drying tests with petridish, settling-behaviour for extraction, physical behaviour, equilibrium data, crystallization kinetics and other lab-tests for pilot-trials.
- Scheduling & Planning:
- Lab-studies, based on lab-study inquiries from Sales & Pilot Plant Department;
- Availability of analytical equipment;
- Execution of analysis of trial samples under supervision of PP Technologist;
- Preparations and setting up of client's analytical methods for relevant components using various analyses equipment, together with client's chemist – GC/HPLC/Karl Fisher/Titration/IR-Balance
- Coordination of all in and outgoing chemicals for Lab and Pilot Plant;
- Registration and keeping records of chemicals and feedstock:
- Sampling and (cross)-analysis of feed materials (entrance study)
- Feed material inventory records and control
- Ordering trial specific chemicals in coordination with PP technologist;
- Maintenance & review of analytical equipment calibration using reference samples;
- Documentation & Archiving:
- Documentation, communication, and final reporting of lab-study-results and contributing in Project-Meetings;
- Writing and updating procedures (SOP) of Lab-equipment in cooperation with PP team
- Development of an archiving and documentation system for results, reports, lab-study-logs, retain-samples, analysis methods and complaints;
- Ensuring that safety, health and environment (SHE) are not compromised during operations, thus compliant with Brightlands - Chemelot Campus & TFS B.V. guidelines;
Competences & personal traits:
- Contribute to the overall technical and economical evaluations of (operational) pilot plant opportunities;
- Knowledge of common chemical & analytical analysis methods and equipment;
- Coordination with service providers for: 1) special analysis of samples, 2) storage and handling of chemicals, 3) maintenance, 4) disposal of chemicals;
- Facilitate inter-disciplinary communication to realise opportunities for synergy and transfer of knowledge, experiences and technology;
The following competences and personal traits belong to this position:
- Problem Analysis;
- Judgement and critical view on analyses results, lab-study observations, material behaviours etc.;
- The ability to engage and communicate effectively, internally and externally, at a variety of levels;
- Likes to understand nuts and bolts of analytical technologies, methods and equipment;
- Performance motivation, driven by results, eagerness;
- Team player comfortable working with small informal team;
- Likes to work in a technological and industrial environment the Brightlands Chemelot Campus offers;
- Good listening capability and analytical mind which is critical for performing lab-studies and analyses;
- Hands-on mentality;
- Ability and appeal to learn;
- Able to manage demands and expectations from various stakeholders.
For this position Techno Force Solutions offers a complete and competitive remuneration package, based on the prevailing primary and secondary conditions, policies and legislation in The Netherlands, depending on experience and expertise.
More information about Techno Force Solutions and the Brightlands Chemelot Campus is available on, www.technoforce.net
respectively. If you are interested, please send an email with your recent curriculum vitae and a brief letter of application to email@example.com