The Hotel Management School Maastricht, a faculty of Zuyd University of Applied Sciences, is considered as one of the leading international institutes in its field. The campus is located in Maastricht, the Netherlands.
It offers a four-year Bachelor of Business Administration and tw0 Master of Science programmes in both Dutch and English. The Master in Innovative Hospitality Management and Master in Facility & Real Estate Management are organized in collaboration with international partners.
The bachelor course is aimed at prospective managers/entrepreneurs in the international hospitality industry and comprises three tracks: Hotel Management, Food Service, and Horizons in Hospitality.
The Hotel Management profile builds on in-depth knowledge after the 2.5-year foundation programme. The aim to educate young professionals who are excellently equipped to function as innovators and change-makers in the international hotel business. The minors Revenue and Asset Management and Creating Customer Delight across Cultures are electives within this track.
The focus of the Hotel Management School Maastricht is 'The next step in hospitality'. The programme challenges students to be innovation leaders in hospitality. Our core values are: ‘passion, professionalism, initiative, openness, and inspiration’. Innovative entrepreneurship is one of the focal points of the education and research programme. The other focal points are 'connecting' gastronomy and the development of a 'global mindset'. Furthermore, the ambition for the coming years is to increase Hotel Management School Maastricht’s international profile significantly.
To strengthen the team of the track Hotel Management we are looking for an enthusiastic and driven
(SENIOR) HOTEL MANAGEMENT LECTURER
We are looking for an experienced, internationally oriented, and hands-on hotel manager with the ambition to convey passion for the hotel industry to students, both in a professional and teaching capacity. Our ideal candidate will endorse the importance of good education and be driven to take ownership of the position as higher education lecturer. To students, the candidate is a source of inspiration and a role model; to colleagues a valued team player, providing a contribution to the education of the future generation of hotel managers, grounded in their rich personal experience.
The tasks and responsibilities include:
Candidates are expected to have:
- Teaching hotel management in the Bachelor programme; especially within the Hotel Management track where in close coordination with the track coordinator, theory is transferred to practice and passion for the profession is conveyed;
- Acquisition of internships both domestically and internationally, as well as supervising and visiting interns;
- Guiding and coaching students, with regards to their future careers;
- Acquiring and supervising hotel-related project assignments as part of the students' graduation portfolio;
- Upholding the quality of the Hotel Management curriculum and assessment programme in collaboration with minor and module coordinators;
- Further expansion of the international Hotel Management School Maastricht network in close coordination with alumni and partners of the profession.
Terms of employment:
- rich experience in managing renowned hotels, preferably in different countries as general manager or member of the management team of a cluster or region of hotels;
- a Master's degree (preferably in business economics);
- up-to-date working knowledge of the latest developments within the international hospitality industry;
- working experience with digital technologies, e-marketing, data management, and digital communications;
- a good command of English, both written and spoken, competence in Dutch is preferable;
- cultural sensitivity and a 'global mindset';
- team mentality, an ability to enthuse and inspire students and colleagues;
- affinity with education and developing the talents of young people;
- an flexible (open for change) and empathic personality;
- a didactic certificate or a willingness to acquire one.
- An appointment for 0.6 - 1.0 FTE (to be negotiated) for the term of one year.
Should the candidate prove suitable and perform favourably, then the contract may be extended, provided operating circumstances remain unchanged.
- The salary scale awarded depends on the candidate’s qualifications and experience and shall be set in accordance with the collective labour agreement (CAO) in the higher vocational education sector within the career prospects of at most scale 11 (with a minimum of €3,392.46 and maximum €4,661.12 gross per month when appointed full-time).
- The terms of employment applicable include both 8% holiday pay and a fixed bonus equivalent to one month’s salary.
- Our secondary terms of employment comprise excellent opportunities to further one’s professional career.
For internal candidates the current period of employment is respected.
Further information is available either on our website: www.hotelschoolmaastricht.nl
or from Mrs Rita Kusters, team manager Hotel Management School Maastricht (email@example.com
; tel. +31 (0)638071572) or Mrs Josje van Dongen, Head Innovation and Manager Track Hotel Management (firstname.lastname@example.org
; tel. +31 (0)643577391).
Interested candidates should apply for the position by 28 January 2018 at the very latest
by entering their personal details (accompanied by a letter of application and CV) on the website www.werkenbijzuyd.nl
Unfortunately, we cannot process letters of application addressed directly to the contact person or submitted by other means.