Our relation is a world-leading chemical company, with about 3.800 employees and a presence at 20 production sites in 9 countries.
Headquartered in Maastricht, The Netherlands, the company’s core business is the development, manufacturing and marketing of products for use in the automotive and tire industries, the construction industry, and the oil and gas industries.
For the holding company in Maastricht, we are looking for a
PRESS AND SITE RELATIONS MANAGER (FRENCH, ENGLISH, DUTCH).
It’s a fulltime long-term position.
The Press and Site Relations Manager plans and coordinates press relations, site and crisis communication in EMEA and acts as a press and site spokesperson for the company. Key responsibilities include press activities for the organization and its products, as well as site communication incl. issue/crisis response for the sites in Belgium, France and the Netherlands. This function will also support the business units, corporate center and country organizations on all issues related to press communication.
- Prepare and proactive handle communication activities in crisis situations in the sites in France, Belgium and The Netherlands;
- Maintain regular exchange with defined crisis teams on sites;
- Initiate crisis/media trainings;
- Serve as a regular interface with the media and general public in exchanging information about the organization and businesses;
- Establish and maintain a network with the media and drive the proactive exchange about the company;
- Plan and prepare press releases and press related information/brochures;
- Plan and implement press activities e.g. for trade shows;
- Set-up and coordinate press related events such as press conferences, media round tables etc.;
- Support and coordinate press distribution and follow up processes;
- Support the production sites in Belgium, France and the Netherlands in communication processes for site related activities;
- Establish a continuous exchange with the site managers about current developments on the site and proactively set-up the necessary communication measures;
- Implement press relations, standards and tools in close collaboration with the Head of Corporate Communication;
- Plan, implement and coordinate press activities and support the organization and business units internally and externally.
- Master in Communication/Master in Business Management/Economics with specialization in Communication/Public Relations;
- At least 5 years professional experience;
- Project management experience of advantage;
- International experience of advantage;
- Experience must include media relations and crisis response communication experience;
- Fluent in French, English and Dutch (verbally and in writing).
- A challenging and rewarding job;
- International and multicultural organization;
- Competitive employee benefits.
If you are interested in this vacancy, please contact us directly at our website
For further information you can contact Maud Lucassen, Consultant at Avance Maastricht. Tel +31 43 32 56 530.